The holidays are a time when people think about giving back, and it seems that more and more people are choosing to do so year-round. According to a report, charitable giving reached an all-time high in 2017, with Americans donating $410.02 billion to causes they care about. That’s up from $373.25 billion in 2016. Here, Rabbi Moshe Rabin will explain why these trends are on the rise.
Individuals aren’t the only ones feeling generous; corporations are, too. Giving by foundations and bequests also reached record levels in 2017. In fact, corporate giving increased 6.4% in 2017, while foundation giving increased 5.2%. These numbers show that people are increasingly interested in making a difference with their money.
- The report also found that the majority of charitable giving goes to religious organizations, followed by education, human services, foundations, and arts/culture organizations.
- Health organizations receive the least amount of charitable donations. This is likely because health organizations are typically government-funded, while the other listed categories rely heavily on private donations.
As you can see, there are many reasons why people choose to engage in online charity work. Whether it’s because they want to make a difference in the world.
1. The number of people who are living in poverty is on the rise.
2. More and more people are struggling to make ends meet.
3. Many people are unable to afford basic necessities like food and shelter.
4. Online charity work provides a way for people to help those in need without having to leave their homes.
5. Online charity work is often more convenient than traditional methods of giving, such as volunteering at a local soup kitchen or donating money to a brick-and-mortar charity.
6. It can be difficult to find the time to volunteer or donate money when you have a full-time job and/or family obligations.
7. With online charity work, you can choose how much time you want to dedicate to helping others and you can do it from the comfort of your own home.
8. There are many different ways to get involved with online charity work, such as donating money to an online fundraiser, signing up for a virtual food drive, or writing letters of encouragement to people who are going through tough times.
9. Online charity work is a great way to make a difference in the lives of those less fortunate, and it is something that anyone can do regardless of their schedule or location.
No matter where you stand on the political spectrum, it’s hard to argue with the fact that charitable giving is on the rise in the United States. People are becoming more and more interested in using their money to make a difference in the world, whether it’s through donating to their favorite charity or volunteering their time to a cause they care about. With so many worthy causes out there vying for attention, it’s never been easier to find a way to make a positive impact on the world around us.